The DCSIR Adoption Associate (AA) is responsible for contacting individuals who have submitted an application to be an adopter for a DCSIR rescue dog by the Adoption Director.
The DCSIR Adoption Associate makes contact with the applicant via email to schedule preliminary interview. He/she will review applications and flag potential problems as trained by DCSIR Adoption Director and Officers.
The DC SIR Adoption Associates will be educated on and expected to understand the basics of training, nutrition and the Shiba Inu breed. DC SIR will train the AA.
Weekly hours: 1 – 6 hrs per week. When we have puppies or young dogs, there are more applicants than average. Typical interview time: 30 minutes.
- Must be able to articulate DCSIR’s Mission statement to the community
- Must be familiar with DCSIR’s policies and beliefs
- Must be collaborative and able to work with a team
- Manage multiple applicants
- Articulate status of applicants to Adoption Director
- Ability to notice and report details
- Must have access to email and internet throughout the day
- Make weekly Skype calls to discuss active applicants
- No travel required.
- No location requirements
- Must love Shiba Inus and primitive breed dogs!
Ready to start saving Shibas? Apply for this position by filling in the volunteer application! Then send in your application via email to Adoption@dcsir.org.