Getting to throw great events is a fun part of the job. The Development Coordinator will plan, organize, promote, implement and evaluate activities and duties that contribute to DC SIR’s fundraising efforts.
It is the job of the Development Coordinator to solicit sponsors, create and disseminate advertising, sell tickets, coordinate volunteers, take responsibility for the logistics of the event and, most importantly, generate revenue to help pay for sick and needy dogs! They will work with the President in organizing all such events.
Weekly hours: 1 – 5 hours. Week of event will likely require additional hours.
- Maintain existing relationships by ensuring effective public relations and communication with existing sponsors and donors to keep them abreast of existing and upcoming community engagements.
- Effectively engage donors of all levels, recognizing and championing the value and potential of stakeholders.
- Meet with sponsors to educate them about DCSIR’s fundraising events and special events, answering any questions that may arise.
- Advise and assist in the development of an organization-wide fundraising strategy, including effective strategies for raising funds.
- At times, secure event photographer, host and speakers.
- Must have access to email and internet throughout the day.
- Must love Shiba Inus and primitive breed dogs!
Eager to start saving shibas? Apply for this position by filling in the volunteer application! Then send in your application via email to email@example.com.