The ideal DC SIR Foster Assistant will be great at taking notes, creating and managing excel sheets, reviewing applications and keeping track of our foster list. You will learn about optimal nutrition, reward-based training and low impact environment for optimal canine health and human-canine bond.
This is an exciting time to join the DCSIR Foster Team, as we prepare for a hands-on local training objective! The Foster Assistant will work with the DC SIR Foster Director and President to create educational material, coordinate incoming fosters, and manage foster data and information.
This is a collaborative volunteer position that will have you working with several people. The ideal candidate must be able to work well with others, along with giving and receiving advice.
Weekly hours: 1 – 5 hours. Varies depending on events, promotions, and status of rescue dogs.
- Maintain the current documents and assist Foster Director in managing documents
- Manage Foster calendar
- Manage Foster contact list and supply list
- Review documents
- Take notes on calls
- Assist in training programs (online or in person)
- Manage multiple excel sheets with foster information and foster supplies
- Ensure fosters are following through with social media requirements, updates, and photos of their foster dogs
Must be local (MD/VA/DC) and have the ability to attend adoption events and/or training events a few times a year. Must be able to access the internet.
Eager to start saving shibas? Apply for this position by filling in the volunteer application! Then send in your application via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.